- Information Collection. In the operation of this Website and during the course of its business, MSSNY collects information that may be used to identify an individual or business, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, entity name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, financial information, or other information when needed to provide a service you requested (“Information”).
When you browse the Website you do so anonymously, unless you have previously indicated that you wish MSSNY to remember your login and password or you submit a contact form. We do not collect any Information for the purpose of reselling or distributing that Information. We may log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which part of the Website you visit and how long you spend there. However, we do not link your IP address to any Information unless you have logged in to our website. Like many other commercial websites, the Website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect Information about how you use the Website. Please go to “Cookies and Tracking Information” below for more information.
When Information is collected, we will inform you at the point of collection the purpose for the collection. MSSNY will not transfer your Information to third parties without your consent. This means we assume you have given us your consent to collect and use your Information in accordance with this Policy unless you take affirmative action to indicate that you do not consent, for instance by clicking or checking the appropriate option or box at the point of collection. In some cases, when applicable, we will provide you with the opportunity to “opt in.” This means we will require your affirmative action to indicate your consent before we use your Information for purposes other than the purpose for which it was submitted.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure. Inside MSSNY, data is stored in controlled servers with limited access. Your Information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where MSSNY, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located. Your Information is never shared outside MSSNY without your permission, except under conditions described in “Special Situations” below.
- Special Situations
- As Required by Law: We will disclose Information when required to do so by international, federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.
- Data Breach Notification Purposes: We may use or disclose Information to provide legally required notices of unauthorized access to or disclosure of said Information.
- Lawsuits and Disputes: If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose Information in response to a court or administrative order. We also may disclose Information in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute.
- Your Rights. You have the following rights regarding the Information we have about you:
- Right to Get Notice of a Breach:You will be notified upon a breach of any of your unsecured Information.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to request a list of certain disclosures that have been made, if any, of Information for purposes other than day to day operations of MSSNY’s business.
- Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the Information we use or disclose for operations.
- Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice: You have the right to a paper copy of this notice. You may request us to give you a copy of this notice at any time. Even if you have agreed to receive this notice electronically, you are still entitled to a paper copy of this notice.
- Data Security. MSSNY safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. In certain areas of the Website, MSSNY uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While we strive to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of the Information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
- Children and Privacy. The Website does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 18. MSSNY does not knowingly solicit Information from children under the age of 18 or send them requests for Information.
- Third Party Websites. The Website contains links to other websites. MSSNY does not share your Information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of the privacy and security of your personal information, please submit a message under the “Contact Us” feature on the Website.