Over 60 free CME Courses are available at cme.mssny.org. Below are a few classes offered.
PAIN MANAGEMENT, PALLIATIVE CARE, AND ADDICTION THREE-HOUR CME PROGRAM – FREE TO MSSNY MEMBERS
New York State requires every DEA license prescriber to take a three-hour continuing medical education (CME) program in Pain Management, Palliative Care, and Addiction medicine every three years.
The Medical Society of the State of New York has developed an online program that meets New York State’s coursework requirements. The online course is available at cme.mssny.org.
The MSSNY course includes the eight (8) statutory topics:
- NYS and federal requirements for prescribing controlled substances
- Pain Management
- Appropriate prescribing
- Managing acute pain
- Palliative medicine
- Prevention, screening, and signs of addiction
- Responses to abuse and addiction
- End-of-life care
MSSNY’s CME program was developed with the NYS Office for Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Service. MSSNY is an accredited provider with the NYS Department of Health’s Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement.
We urge you to take the MSSNY 3-Hour CME program on Pain Management, Palliative Care, and Addiction and join your colleagues in helping to combat the opioid epidemic at: http://cme.mssny.org
ONLINE MANDATED INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING PROGRAM
This updated and comprehensive online Infection Control Training Program complies with the NYS-DOH’s recommendation and Section 239 of the Public Health Law, requiring that licensed healthcare professionals complete an Infection Control Training Program every four years. Learn about the standard and transmission-based precautions established by the CDC and guidelines for post-exposure management. This program is designed for physicians and other healthcare professionals. The 20-question test will be scored online.
Qualifies for 4 hours of Category 1 CME credit.
Start your day with The Daily, an online healthcare news bulletin that is emailed to MSSNY members by 9 AM, Monday through Friday.
MSSNY Pulse is a weekly wrap-up of news and information for New York physicians that is emailed to members each Friday. Categories include Featured News, Advocacy Highlights, CME Webinars, Member Benefit Spotlight, Physician Payment & Practice, and the President’s Corner.
A monthly member-exclusive newsletter delivered on the first Monday of each month with relevant members-only information on payment and practice issues, member spotlights, new members, committee updates, and upcoming events.
A member-exclusive newsletter delivered on subsequent Mondays from Insider for a shorter rendition of breaking news, upcoming events, and Capital Updates.
Every year the Government Affairs division analyzes thousands of bills introduced in the New York State Legislature that impact the ability of physicians to provide necessary care to their patients.
MSSNY issues memoranda of support or opposition to the Legislature where appropriate on hundreds of these bills, and our lobbyists work with members of the Assembly, Senate, and Governor’s office to advocate for the passage of legislation that the Society supports. We also work to assure that legislation opposed by MSSNY is not enacted or that it is amended to remove objectionable provisions.
PHYSICIAN PAYMENT AND PRACTICE SERVICE
Physician Payment and Practice Service intervenes on behalf of the physician when an insurance claim is in dispute and negotiations with a third-party carrier have reached a stalemate. Experienced MSSNY staff has often been able to recoup payments that have been consistently denied or inordinately delayed.
Join MSSNY’s Director of Physician Payment & Practice, an expert in practice management, billing, and reimbursement the second Tuesday of every month starting at 6 pm for the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services and National Government Services’ open agenda meeting. Members are encouraged to participate and open a direct communication line with policymakers that otherwise can be difficult to reach. MSSNY has on staff an expert in practice management, billing, and reimbursement.
POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
MSSNYPAC is a critically important tool for your profession. Your commitment to MSSNYPAC is essential to your practice, colleagues, and patients. Government shapes your professional life as a physician. We must, therefore, shape government. A strong MSSNYPAC is essential if we are to take back our profession. Together we are strong.
CONTRIBUTE TO MSSNYPAC ONLINE
Contact the MSSNYPAC office at (518) 465-8085 or mssnypac@MSSNY.org
Be sure to take advantage of these exclusive perks, savings and benefits.
CHARLES J. SELLERS & CO., INC.
J. Sellers & Co., Inc.
PO Box 460, 4300 Camp Road Athol Springs, NY 14010 www.sellersinsurance.com
How They Can Help You
Sellers Insurance has specialized in insurance for physicians, their practices, and their families for over 75 years. They understand your personal and business circumstances and can help you make the right decisions to protect what you’ve worked so hard for.
Your Benefits as an MSSNY Member
You have access to members-only insurance programs, including high-quality disability income and disability overhead, which offer reasonable premiums and protect you in your specialty if you become disabled and need to make a claim. They provide all claims services in-house, which allows for more personalized, prompt, and accurate claims payment.
Travelers Insurance Benefit Plus: MSSNY members receive a discount of 7% on homeowners insurance and 5% on auto insurance. Contact Sellers for a quote!
They can also assist you with:
- Business Insurance, including:
– Property and general liability packages
– Worker’s Compensation
– Business Auto
– Employment Practices Liability Insurance
– Cyber Insurance
– NYS Disability Benefits Law Paid Family Leave Coverage
- Personal Insurance, including:
- Life Insurance
- 5% Discount on Long-Term Care
For more information or a quote, contact Sellers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-333-5440
Enroll for your complimentary Brooks Brothers Corporate discount and Save 15%* on full-priced merchandise at all Brooks Brothers U.S. and Canadian stores, by phone and online.
- Organization ID# 12479 and Pin Code# 19658 and enroll at: Membership.BrooksBrothers.com • You will need to wait 30 minutes after you enroll before you register to shop online.
TO SHOP ONLINE:
- At the top of the page, click on My Account & then CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- Create a new profile and click on “I have a Corporate Membership Number” at the bottom.
- Enter 12-digit Membership Number.
- Click on create, and you will receive a Welcome Letter. You are now ready to shop!
Members can enjoy savings of up to 50% off the usual subscription rates on several hundred magazines for home and office use.
The MSSNY Magazine Program
One Brewster Street
Glen Cove, New York 11542
Phone: 1-800-289-6247 – Fax: 1-516-676-6926 To view publications offered, visit their Website at: www.buymags.com/mssny
PREMIER GROUP PURCHASING
MSSNY’s group purchasing partnership with Premier provides lower operating costs and improved access to supplies and products for MSSNY members who sign on to purchase through Premier negotiated agreements.
- A leading healthcare improvement company dedicated to better care and outcomes at lower costs
- Nearly 30 years of experience in the alternate site group purchasing organization space
- A portfolio featuring more than 900 suppliers and 2,000 products and services ranging from pharmaceuticals to medical/surgical supplies to business solutions (including numerous PPE solutions!)
- A distributor-neutral approach, meaning MSSNY members can continue using existing distributors while accessing Premier-negotiated pricing
- A commitment to hands-on service to ensure MSSNY members are receiving the best value for all their purchasing needs
Click the links below to access specifics on the program:
- Continuum of Care Overview: High-level overview of the Premier program and the value it provides
- GPO FAQ: Questions and answers to further introduce Premier and explain the program
- Physician Practices information sheet: Provides value proposition of the Premier program, followed by specific suppliers and contracts members will be able to access, broken down by category
What to Expect: Step-by-step onboarding guide for members. This may take a little time, but it is you who saves!
MLMIC INSURANCE COMPANY
MLMIC Insurance Company is New York State’s leader in medical malpractice insurance and has been meeting the professional liability needs of healthcare professionals for over 40 years. Its mission is to provide quality professional liability insurance to healthcare professionals at the lowest possible cost consistent with long-term viability.
Formed in response to the medical professional liability insurance crisis of the late 1970s, MLMIC is, and has always been, a strong advocate for the healthcare community and has effectively lobbied for legislative reform to address those issues that continue to plague healthcare professionals. MLMIC stands behind its philosophy to aggressively defend and resist any payment for groundless claims and swiftly and equitably compensate those claimants with meritorious claims. MLMIC has successfully defended more New York physicians than any other New York medical liability insurer, a fact held in high regard in New York’s legal community. MLMIC is the only professional liability insurer that has the endorsement of MSSNY.
In 2018, MLMIC was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, launching a new era as New York’s premier medical professional liability carrier. Today, MLMIC is not only the largest writer of medical professional liability insurance in the State of New York but is also one the largest companies of its kind in the nation. MLMIC insures more than 13,000 physicians, 3,000 dentists, dozens of hospitals, and thousands of other healthcare professionals.
To discuss your professional liability needs and obtain a premium quote, please contact the MLMIC office nearest you or visit their Web site at: www.mlmic.com
NEW YORK CITY – (212) 576-9800
LONG ISLAND – (516) 794-7200
SYRACUSE – (315) 428-1188
LATHAM – (518) 786-2700
BUFFALO – (716) 780-4854
As a member, you have access to an exclusive legal benefit. MSSNY’s General Counsel, the law firm of Norris McLaughlin, is a regional law firm with offices in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. With over 120 attorneys practicing in multiple areas of law, including healthcare, Norris is an important benefit to physician members, offering significantly discounted rates, free consultations, free coding reviews, and more.
For legal questions, members may contact David N. Vozza, Esq 917-369-8867 email@example.com or call the exclusive MSSNY members number 631-935-5853
RESOLVE – Physician Contract Review and Negotiation
A physician-founded and physician-driven company, Resolve is bringing change to employment contracts by providing data and transparency into the physician market. Using the most accurate data on compensation and other contract terms sourced from real contracts, Resolve provides the insights and expertise to help physicians negotiate for what they truly deserve and take control of their careers.
To learn more, visit https://www.resolve.com/memberships/MSSNY
THE PREFERRED WEALTH MANAGER FOR MSSNY MEMBERS
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is the preferred wealth management provider for members. For over 35 years, Altfest has managed comprehensive financial and investment plans for physicians and their families.
How Alfest can help
Their comprehensive service is tailor-made to promote financial wellness and peace of mind in your personal and professional life. They go beyond just investments to accommodate your unique financial needs.
Your goals are their goals
Preparing for a secure retirement?
Paying down student debt while also saving for a home?
Looking to take advantage of every tax reduction opportunity?
They’ve got you covered.
Their advisory team has expertise in an array of planning areas specific to physicians, including creditor protection, tax reduction, student debt management, and investments.
As an MSSNY member, your Altfest benefits include:
- A complimentary consultation with an Altfest advisor
- Educational content, videos, and guides on timely financial topics
- Invitations to educational events and webinars
Altfest or call (212) 406-0850 and ask for Jesse Frehling.
STI COMPUTER SERVICES
MSSNY members can reduce practice costs while receiving FREE Practice management, FREE EMR systems, and training STI Computer Services specializes in the development, sale, installation, and support of computer systems for medical practices. STI is the author of the ChartMaker Go Medical Suite, a modular set of software for Billing, Scheduling, Practice Management, and Electronic Medical Records. The system has been installed in over 3,000 medical practices since 1979.
More Money in YOUR Pocket If you don’t participate in MIPS, it could affect your Medicare payments by as much as 9% per year, positively or negatively. If you receive $200,000/year in Medicare payments, that could be as much as a $36,000 difference to the money in your pocket. That’s up to an 18% swing in your Medicare reimbursement, but with the STI RCM program, we will help you to either reduce the deduction or qualify for the additional revenue.
Reduce Practice Costs STI’s FREE smartphone application for RCM Clients allows you to check patient demographic and clinical information. You can also check appointment and round information. If you use STI’s FREE EMR, you can view patient notes on your phone. Other vendors charge up to $200/month/user for mobile remote charge capture products. But it’s free to you if you use the RCM program, another significant saving with STI RCM.
MSSNY Members Save
Professional Credentialing and Enrollment Services Save 15% on all fees for the first 6 months.
RCM Billing MSSNY Members have their $1,000 per provider fee waived. Members save 15% on standard bill services fees for 3 months.
Members save 50% in onboarding fees and receive free onsite visits from technical services staff to review equipment, cyber security, and technology consultations.
For more information, contact Matt Ross: at 1-800-487-9135 extension 1169
REFI WITH SOFI
With student loan debt typically well over six figures for medical school professionals, more doctors than ever are looking for solutions to deal with debt. MSSNY, together with SoFi, is bringing members and their families an opportunity to learn about student loan debt and refinancing.
Benefits of SoFi include:
- Welcome Bonus: MSSNY members and family members receive a $400 welcome bonus when refinancing student or Parent PLUS loans through refinance student or Parent PLUS loans through SoFi.com/MSSNY.
- Savings: SoFi M.D. borrowers save $577 a month on average over the life of their loans when refinancing.
- Options: Low variable and fixed rates available. Check out current rates at SoFi.com/MSSNY.
- Simplicity: Consolidate all existing student loans (federal and private) into a single loan with one monthly payment.
- Perks: SoFi offers member events, career advisory, a referral program, and more.
- No Hidden Fees: No application fees, no origination fees, and no prepayment penalties.
If you have any questions about SoFi student loan refinancing, please visit SoFi.com/MSSNY or contact customer service by calling 855.456.7634 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADIRONDACK RECORDS MANAGEMENT
Adirondack specializes in business record storage and management, document scanning and conversion, confidential document destruction, and management programs that ensure retiring physicians’ records are in good hands for future needs.
Business Record Storage and Management Program
- Secure storage of inactive and semi-active records
- Prompt retrieval and delivery of needed files
- Bar code tracking of record center activity
- Monitoring of record retention schedules
Confidential Document Destruction Services
- Paper Shredding to 5/16 inch
- Secure bins and transportation services
- Single project or ongoing service programs
- HIPAA Compliant
Document Scanning and Conversion Services
- Conversion of paper records to CD or DVD
- On-site scanning & photocopying services
- Photocopying and distribution of medical records
Management Programs for Retiring Physicians
- Organization and transfer of records to storage
- Long-term retention of patient and office records
- Confidential destruction of obsolete records
- Scanning, copying and distribution of patient records
MSSNY Members receive a 10% off on record storage.
Save Today! Call (518) 465-3377
I.C. System Inc.
CNN Money recently revealed insights into the growing trend of medical practices being driven into bankruptcy by a perfect storm of:
- increasing costs for medical technology and malpractice insurance, claims-declining reimbursement from commercial insurers and Medicare/ Medicaid, and more patient out-of-pocket payment responsibility create cash flow problems.
I.C. System delivers effective and ethical solutions for collecting debts and improving cash flow. MSSNY members receive a 20% discount for I.C. System’s services. The program has been offered since 1984, and participating members have recovered over 15 million dollars.
MAILING LIST SERVICE
Mailing lists or labels sorted by specialty, geographic area, zip code, or other criteria are available at a reduced fee to members. Select statistical information is also available.
For further information, contact MemberResources@MSSNY.org or 516-488-6100, Ext. 396