IPAs in NEW YORK STATE
CORINTHIAN MEDICAL IPA
Ramon Tallaj M.D.
Chairman of the Board
- Size – over 1200 physician members and over 300,000 patients
- Longevity – began in 1999
- Degree of physician involvement --Owned and managed by practicing community providers
- Degree of shared risk contracts ..
- Accepting new members-- yes
For enrollments packets, physicians should call 1-877-MD-CMIPA.
Corinthian Medical IPA has contracts with the following Managed Care and Commercial insurance plans. Member physicians can request to participate in any or all of the contracts.
- Access Medicare NY
- Affinity Health Plan
- Alfa Care
- Elder Plan
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Metro Plus
- United Health Providers
The IPA handles contract negotiations with insurers and managed care organizations, and provides a professional managed infrastructure, guidance and direction to improve physician practices,
Catholic Medical Partners
Michael Edbauer, DO –
- Size -- -986 Physician Members
- Longevity – Established in 1996
- Messenger model vs Clinically vs Financially integrated - Clinical
- Degree of physician involvement - almost totally physician led; CEO as of 1/1/16 is a physician; All Committees are chaired by a physician, with physician volunteers/appointees
- Degree of shared-risk contracts – Approximately 50%
- Willingness to accept new members – Open/accepting
GRIPA (Greater Rochester IPA)
Administrator-Joseph Vasile MD (a member) Dr. Vasile can be reached at email@example.com.
- Size-1231 physicians belong to GRIPA
- Longevity-GRIPA was formed in 1996 and is associated with Rochester Regional Health
- Model-GRIPA is clinically integrated
Degree of physician involvement- works closely with the Rochester General Physician Organization. GRIPA also participates on several MCMC Committees including the MCMS Quality Collaborative.
- Degree of shared risk contracts- All contracts are believed to include shared-risk. Needs confirmation.
- Accepting new members…as long as they are not part of the other IPA in town… Administrator-
AHP (Accountable Health Partners)
Administrator-Robert McCann MD (a member) Dr. McCann can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Size 1800 physicians.
- Longevity-formed in 2013
- Model-Clinically integrated
- Degree of physician involvement-physician board comprised of independent and employed physicians. AHP participates on several MCMS Committees including the MCMS Quality Collaborative.
- Degree of shared risk contracts. All contracts are believed to be shared risk..
- Accepting new members-Specialists-it depends. They have started to turn physicians down. PCP-as long as they are not members of the other IPA in town.
A group of nursing homes in Monroe is also seriously considering forming an IPA.
The IPA of Nassau Suffolk Counties, Inc.
Frank DiMotta, COO, CHCO
1092 Jericho Turnpike
Commack, NY 11725
- Size- 800+ members (200 PCPs),
- Longevity- Established in 2011
- Model- Messenger Model
- Degree of physician involvement-
- Degree of shared risk contracts..
- Accepting new members.
- Dues for PCPs -- $0.00
- Dues for Specialists -- $3,000.00; Multi-provider group discounts available
- BC/BS with shared savings
- GPO – Savings
- Medical Malpractice Insurance Savings
- Managed by "Practice Management of America" (a management service organization owned & operated entirely by physician members of the IPA)
Hudson Doctors IPA and WMSO LLC
Anthony G. Demetracopoulos, MBA/JD
Executive Director and General Counsel
22 Saw Mill River Road 3rd Floor South
PO Box 488
Hawthorne, NY 10532
914 372 7010
914 837 5670 (cell)
- Size approximately 870 providers, including about 22 mid-level and 17 other non-MD providers.
- Longevity - In business for 20 years; started in September 1996
- Messenger model vs Clinically vs Financially integrated – Messenger Model
- Degree of physician involvement - All Officers are Physicians, 10 are Board Members and 6 are on the Credentials Committee.
- Degree of shared-risk contracts None, one in process of development
- Accepting new members